The online flock book will move to a new platform – the Grassroots Online Registry – on 1st April. Your log in details stay the same, but you will see some differences in the appearance of the flock book and in the way that you enter transactions.
Launch of the new Grassroots Online Registry
We have been working hard over the last few months to create a new look Grassroots Online Registry which replaces the old Pedeweb.
The registry can be accessed via the Society website or direct at www.grassroots.co.uk/ouessant.html using your normal OSS membership number and password. It gives access to the whole flock book database and allows you to ‘Manage Your Animal Records’
You’ll immediately notice the new look and colour scheme but the underlying database is unchanged (although accessed more efficiently through the new software). What else is new?
- The system opens with a list of all the animals in your registered ownership
- Click on an animal to view its details, pedigree and progeny list
- Click on the magnifying glass (top left) to search the whole database
- Click on the menu (top right) to make changes – this is now known as ‘Manage Your Animals’
- Click on this magnifying glass (top left) to search for people
- If you have animals for sale – please go to the menu and flag them ‘For Sale’. This information will not have come across from the old system.
The new system also allows you to add images of your sheep. To do this, please download the Mobile App and upload images from your phone.
And the new Grassroots Mobile App
.At the same time as the launch of Grassroots Online, a new mobile app will be avialble. This will give you all your own animal details, in your pocket, even when you have no internet or mobile access. The app is free for the first month, and then a small charge of £1.99 per month or £14.99 for the year is charged by the Developer, not the Society.
You can download Grassroots Mobile App from the Appstore or Google Playstore. Create an App User Name (must be at least 8 characters) and your own password. Then sync the details of all the animals you own using your normal Breed Society Member No and password. If you keep other Grassroots breeds, they can be added to the same copy of the App.
From within the App you can:
- Add images – for your own use or to appear in the Online Registry
- Add notes – for individual animals or groups, including mating records, or reminders
- Report changes direct to the registry ‘on the go’
- Sales – and keep a list of all your buyers
- Births – and apply to Notify or Register
- Deaths – and sales for meat
- Flag animals ‘For Sale’ – to appear in the Online Registry
- Link photos – for your own use or to appear in the Online Registry
The app is very straightforward to use but a ‘step by step’ guide will be available on the Society website from 1st April and may also be found on the Grassroots website https://home.grassroots.co.uk/